CSS volunteers understand and support the purpose, structure, and policies of the organization. They offer their special skills and experience, conduct themselves in accordance with the standards of conduct and ethics of Community Services forSight. Volunteers are required to complete an orientation and training program or on the job training. Volunteers should be flexible in accepting assignments, perform assigned tasks willingly and courteously, and be able to accept guidance from the staff of CSS. Volunteers must comply with the time and dress requirements of the organization, comply with all security and safety rules, (child abuse clearances and criminal back ground checks are required), respect the confidentiality of clients and CSS information, provide timely notification of absence or resignation and serve as a goodwill ambassador ofCSS within the community.
Community Services for Sight Volunteers have the right to:
- An unbiased interview and to be placed in a volunteers position that will best benefit from their skills, experience, interests, and education.
- Be oriented to the organization’s goals, objectives, principles, and to its general rules and regulations that apply to all employees and volunteers
- Training by qualified staff for any project to which they are assigned
- Written descriptions
- Continuing education and training to help enable then to become more proficient
- Be recognized for their performance and accomplishments as a volunteer
- Perform their activities in an organization that complies with applicable workplace laws and regulations
- Ask questions about assignments
- Communicate with their coordinator or the President/CEO if necessary to address an issue.
Prevention Volunteer- Assist Prevention Specialist with vision screenings, driver, provide man power at screenings at health fairs, schools, etc.
Social Services- Provide transportation and/or escort, read mail, assist with life skills education, assist at support group
Agency Clerical- update databases, fold/stuff mail, organize files and miscellaneous clerical activities
Camp Sight- Assist with Camp Sight summer program
Realize satisfaction by helping others in need of assistance, work with enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and enjoyable people, volunteer recognition banquet, and enhance your resume
Show respect and dignity to volunteers, clients, and staff of Community Services for Sight
- If you are injured while volunteering, please notify your coordinator immediately and complete an accident report. Remember that your activities should be limited to those described in your volunteer position description
- The avoidance of tardiness or absenteeism is vital to the success of the daily operations at CSS, in case of an illness , vacation, or other absence please call 570-455-0421 or the cell number of the President/CEO to report your absence
- Improper conduct, including but not limited to performing under the influence of drugs or alcohol, theft, causing injury, threatening other persons, unexplained absences, or unprofessional conduct may result in termination of the volunteer’s relationship with Community Services for Sight
- Unauthorized promotion of personal causes, political opinions, religious beliefs while representing CSS can result in termination
- Confidentiality is held as a high priority at CSS if you violate confidentiality of CSS information, clients, etc you will be terminated
The office is located at 1202B North Church Street in Hazle Township PA 18202 your comments, concerns, suggestions and recommendations are always welcome
It is important that all volunteer staff sign in and record his/her hours on provided time sheets. The total number of hours volunteered is donated and is utilized in many grant applications to indicate size and scope of the volunteer program.
Each volunteer has a voice in the operation of Community Services for Sight. Should the volunteer have a concern or grievance, immediately speak to the President/CEO to discuss the matter.
Drug Free Workplace
It is the policy of CSS to prohibit all employees from the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, or possession or use of a controlled substance. Any employee or volunteer found engageing in these activities will be immediately terminated.
Emergency Contacts Lori A. Lesante President/CEO
Fire- There is a fire extinguisher located in the large kitchen above the sink on the wall. There is an ext to the hallway in every office except the Caseworker’s
Reporting an emergency- Call 911, give name, nature of the emergency, address of building (1201B North Church Street, Suite 409 Hazle Township, PA 18202 (570) 455-0421) and needed equipment.
Evacuating the Building – Exit the closest door- there is an exit to the hallway in lobby area, President/CEO office, Conference room, and Life Skills Instruction Room, take personal belongings, shut down all computers, coffee pots, etc. Report to designated location outside.
NO SMOKING IS PERMITTED IN THE OFFICE, BUILDING, OR IN ANY AGENCY VAN
Theft– you see or suspect a theft contact the President/CEO she will take care of the situation.